The Short Game
The short game is the most important part of the game of golf.
What is the short game?
The short game is that part of the game when the golfer is close to the green and cannot use a full swing.
- Putt from off the green when ground conditions allow.
- Chip when you can’t putt (a chip is a low running shot).
- Pitch when you can’t chip (a pitch is a high lofted shot that doesn’t roll far)
Short Game Swing Advice
- Use a narrow stance, feet close together.
- Weight more on the left than the right (right hand golfers)
- Absolutely no weight shift with a short-game shot.
- If you have a long shot….use a long backswing.
- Medium length shot…use a medium length backswing
- Short shot…use a short backswing.
- Very short shot…use a very short backswing.
Control short game distance by controlling length of backswing.
Practice the short game and notice your scores getting lower and lower.
Play Often, Have Fun, Respect the Game
PS. I’ve written a new book for my grandchildren, The Book Visitors. (Click Here to Order) It’s available on Amazon if you want to purchase it. I have a few copies to give away of this and other books. Come by the range and ask and I’ll give you a copy. Barney
PPS. Click Here to order my book: Golf for Beginners: How Not to be Embarrassed on the First Tee. I have these books at the range also, but not to give away. You have to buy my golf book. You don’t mind, do you?
PPPS. Click Here to order my book: Golf for Beginners: Left Hand Version.